login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

normal SFConnect not connecting

• nickc
  • nickc's Avatar Topic Author
13 Jul 2016 16:40 - 13 Jul 2016 16:42 #2899 by nickc
nickc created the topic: SFConnect not connecting
Hi,
I've sent a support email, but I thought I'd try here as well in case I'm just missing something. I am working on a POC to test storage providers and using LoginVSI to test the capactiy. I have a very simple setup; 1 XenDesktop Controller, 1 StoreFront/license server, 1 VSI server, plus a launcher (actually 25, but the other 24 have not been added to keep it simple for now).

I'm trying to launch 1 session just to make sure it's all set up OK. SFConnect just sits there saying connect to to URL and then eventually it appears to timeout. I can launch a desktop from the same machine via the IE using the same URL, but with "web" added to the storename.

I've looked at this, www.loginvsi.com/blog/335-common-citrix-...-in-a-login-vsi-test , but nothing there points at my issue. I have the same setup in Hyper-V on my Win10 machine and it works perfectly (using XenApp not XenDesktop, but still StoreFront connector) - the VSIMax there is 9 :) Anyone any ideas?

Thanks,

Nick
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 17:36 #2900 by j.kennedy
j.kennedy replied the topic: SFConnect not connecting
Hello,

I see Brian has addressed your ticket in our system. The follow ups will be made there.
Thanks for reaching out.

Josh

• nickc
13 Jul 2016 17:48 #2901 by nickc
nickc replied the topic: SFConnect not connecting
Hi, Thanks, yes Brian has replied (very quickly). I will enable logging in the morning when I get in and send on the logs as Brian has requested.

• nickc
14 Jul 2016 14:44 #2902 by nickc
nickc replied the topic: SFConnect not connecting (SOLVED) - can't reply to my original post o_O
Hi,

Thanks to some input from Brian from LoginVSI, the solution to my previous post (which I can't reply to for some reason) www.loginvsi.com/forum/login-vsi-v4/1418...nnect-not-connecting - is the proxy...I tried setting the proxy on the command line and that did not work. I got the same thing; hanging at connecting, then timing out. Then I saw the /noproxy switch and that worked. I knew it would be soemthing simple...other than myself!

Thanks for the quick "fix" :)

What our customers are saying

Michael Cooper - Citrix

"We use Login VSI as a level set. If we are looking at a system that we are putting on brand new hardware or that we are putting in the cloud, we may see those environments completely differently but the end result is: is the user going to have a good solid happy user experience? And what Login VSI provides us on all three platforms is fairly consistent apples-to-apples comparison: is the user happy?"

Michael Cooper, Director of Solutions Architecture and Global Alliances at Citrix Systems

Paul Bray - Computacenter

"We needed a robust method of evaluating multiple different platforms in a systematic and consistent manner. We chose Login VSI as it is the best of breed and met all of our requirements. Login VSI helps us to address one key aim - How can we exploit new technologies to deliver the best Virtual Desktop user experience possible?"

Paul Bray, Chief Technologist – Workplace & Mobile at Computacenter

Eduardo Molina - RoundTower Technologies

"Login VSI support is fantastic. I had one issue, things were not working. I sent an email, got a call the next morning and the guy knew exactly what I was talking about and we just solved the issue in less than an hour. And that was one thing that was really, really great, the support that we get from Login VSI is fantastic."

Eduardo Molina, Virtualization and Cloud Architect at RoundTower Technologies

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200