login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Several noted issues

• AdamBNYC
  • AdamBNYC's Avatar Topic Author
02 May 2013 14:16 #941

Gents, I'd just like to post the issues I am seeing in the install process.
created a brand new windows server 2k8r2 server for the test

1 - The installer completes but puts nothing in add/remove programs
2 - The installer does not put any items in the start menu - in reading the install guide, i see that you instruct to go directly to the share to access the executables. Just a sugguestion to create these items in the start menu
3 - AD Setup, export to Zip file shoots an exception
4 - There needs to be an option if you want to initiate an RDP connection when trying to launch the test. I am using a single server for the management console and a Session Monitor and the launcher so when I click next, it just logs me out of the server i'm working on because its trying to RDP into the same server. - I haven't figured out how to get past this point besides standing up an additional server.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2013 17:54 #944

Hi Adam,

1. That is correct, the Dataserver setup only adds files to the file share and does not add or change any registry settings. To remove Login VSI just delete the Login VSI share from the file server. I have created a note to discuss this with the development team.

2. Thank you for the suggestion, I added your suggestion to the note for the development team.

3. This will be resolved in an upcoming patch.

4. I think you are using the Launcher Workflow. This will launch a rdp session to all the launchers machines. The Launcher workflow is optional and can be disabled by unchecking the "User launcher workflow" checkbox in step 4 in the Start Test Wizard.
Please let me know if this solves your issue.

With kind regards,
Ryan

• AdamBNYC
  • AdamBNYC's Avatar Topic Author
02 May 2013 19:13 #948

Hey Ryan, you are correct. However if I dont put in the "user launcher workflow" i am unable to start the test. I am unable to click the launch button before "launchers"

I may have done something wrong. I will take another look. Thanks for the response!

More
03 May 2013 06:12 #950

Hi Adam,

Did you have the chance to take another look?
If you want we can schedule a goto meeting to resolve your issue.

With kind regards,
Ryan

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85