login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Upgrading from 3.7 to 4.0

• aminf13
  • aminf13's Avatar Topic Author
02 May 2013 18:11 #946

Hi,

Is there any specific document that describes how to upgrade from 3.7 to 4.0? For example, do I need to redo the Active Directory setup step or the old setup from 3.7 is still usable? Specifically, I was thinking of only upgrading the applications on the target images, would that be enough to upgrade from 3.7 to 4.0?

Thanks,
Amin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2013 19:00 #947

Hi Amin,

The upgrade document is not yet available.

We recommend to completely delete all previous Login VSI related users, groups and OU's from the active directory and remove the group policy objects. After that you can use the AD Setup within the Login VSI management console to create the powershell script.

An other option is to update the logon script to CALL "\\ {Your VSI Share} \_VSI_Binaries\Target\Logon.cmd"
Replace the group policy objects, these are located at {VSIShare}\_VSI_Binaries\AD Setup.
But like I mention earlier we recommend the first option.

For the target the old applications needs to be removed. The directory in C:\Program Files\Login Consultants\VSI can be removed. Install the new applications with the Target setup.

If you have any questions please let me know.

With kind regards,
Ryan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85