login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-03.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Install of target software onto Windows 2003

• aexport
  • aexport's Avatar Topic Author
07 May 2013 07:38 #972

Login VSI Version: 4.0
Test system: Microsoft RDS
Operating system version target: Windows Server 2003
Operating system version launcher(s): Windows Server 2008
Office version target: Office 2007

Hello, I am having a few issues installing the target software onto Windows 2003.

Please see attached for more info.

Any suggestions ? - Thanks Rob

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2013 09:32 #973

Hello Rob,

I've created an image to correlate the warnings/errors you see in the script with the lines causing them.

As you can see the first warning is caused by trying to remove a registry key. You can safely ignore the warning if the script fails to remove the key. Since the key isn't there in the first place.

The second warning is related to trying to install the dotnet framework 3.5. There should be a workaround in there for systems that are not using the server manager (server 2003 for example). It seems that those workarounds aren't working. I'll look into that but for now you can manually install the dotnet framework if you don't already have it installed. You can find the installer for the dot net framework in the same folder as the target installer under <path to target installer>\Lib\Lib Apps\DotNet\dotnetfx35.exe

The third warning is caused by trying to add the LoginVSI group to the local Remote Desktop Users group. This allows the LoginVSI users created by the AD setup to logon to the machine. I assume you didn't run the AD setup (yet) therefor you get this warning. I suggest you use other means to make sure the users you intent to test with can log on to the (virtual) machine(s).

Let me know if you need any further help.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam