login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Current user does not have permission

• mvaughn25
  • mvaughn25's Avatar Topic Author
08 May 2013 17:01 #975

When I go to launch a test, during the "Launcher Check", I get the following error:

"The current user does not have permission to enumerate and/or logoff the user sessions on the launcher."

I have run the test scripts from the Launcher screen under "Infrastructure" to make sure the username worked and was able to connect via RDP. Any advice?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2013 17:11 #976

Hello,

This message is coming from the launcher workflow. The launcher workflow does the following

For each launcher that is not ready:
1. Enumerate the sessions currently active on the launcher machine.
2. For each session enumerated in step 1, initiate a logoff (forced).
3. Initiate an RDP connection to the launcher machine with a user account that has a logon script defined that will start the launcher agent.

You are stuck at step 1. The launcher workflow uses API calls similar to those used by the QUSER command line utility. This message indicates that the API call returned Access Denied.

This is usually caused by the current user running the management console not having enough permissions to query which sessions are active on the remote machine. You will get a similar error from running the following command line:
QUSER /server:YourLauncherHostNameHere

Possible solution is to make sure that the user running the management console is an administrator on the remote machine.
A workaround would be to ignore and/or not use the launcher workflow feature and manually starting the launcher agent on the launcher machine.

• mvaughn25
  • mvaughn25's Avatar Topic Author
08 May 2013 17:36 #977

The Launcher is a Windows 7 Enterprise (32-bit) install. I do not think Win7 supprots QUser, does it? Currently, logged in as a Domain Admin, I get "Access is denied" running the command.

More
16 May 2013 13:09 #1014

mvaughn25 wrote:

The Launcher is a Windows 7 Enterprise (32-bit) install. I do not think Win7 supprots QUser, does it? Currently, logged in as a Domain Admin, I get "Access is denied" running the command.

Quser is supported on Windows 7 :), have you tried the suggestion from Dennis ?

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands