login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

unusually large recorded response times

• jingsu
  • jingsu's Avatar Topic Author
10 May 2013 14:37 #988 by jingsu
Hi, with help from this forum, I was able to complete a test VSI4 run, which is fantastic!

However, in my test run, I'm only using 10 VMs, and the response times reported by VSIMax are in the 800000ms range. At 800 seconds, that's over 13 minutes which is longer than the benchmark took to run. None of my sessions were stuck, and visual inspection during the benchmark showed that the virtual machines all run easily and smoothly.

I am using an active-directory setup. I've verified that all of the virtual machines, file server, and vsi session monitor machines all have clocks synchronized to the active directory domain controller, and are in the same time-zone.

Ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2013 10:55 #991 by o.bouhaj
Hello Jingsu,

Which response times reported by VSIMax are in the 800000ms range?

Regards,

Omar

• jingsu
  • jingsu's Avatar Topic Author
14 May 2013 18:57 #997 by jingsu
I've re-watched the benchmark run, and the error is due to the VSI script getting stuck waiting for Excel or Outlook. When the logoff command is given, the client thus logs off reporting large response times. I believe this problem is what causes the strange response times I'm seeing.

Roughly 1/4 of my sessions get stuck waiting on Excel. The script calls for the File-Open dialog box, but then VSI waits forever, saying Excel isn't responding. Manual poking of the session shows the machine is fully responsive and the dialog box works.

The other roughly 1/4 of my sessions get stuck waiting on Outlook. The script calls for composing new message and then VSI waits forever, saying Outlook isn't responding. Again, manual poking shows the machine is responsive.

This results in approximately half of my sessions getting stuck in one of these two applications until logoff, resulting in unusually large response times. I am running Windows 7, using Active Directory, Office 2003.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

300 Tradecenter
Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 408 899 7418