login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

normal AD powershell script throws complexity exception

• jackwmc4
  • jackwmc4's Avatar Topic Author
17 May 2013 20:25 #1028 by jackwmc4
jackwmc4 created the topic: AD powershell script throws complexity exception
I'm using the AD powershell script to create my test users and objects, but the script throws an error on complexity requirements for the domain. I've verified there are no complexity requirements in my GPO and that gpupdate has been run to ensure I'm using the latest GPO. Is there something else that needs to be done for the script to execute correctly?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• jackwmc4
  • jackwmc4's Avatar Topic Author
21 May 2013 00:13 #1035 by jackwmc4
jackwmc4 replied the topic: AD powershell script throws complexity exception
I resolved this by just using the defaults instead of customizing. Apparently changing the password caused something to break in the script, but using the defaults worked - and then I just came back and manually reset the passwords after the fact.

More
21 May 2013 21:51 #1038 by o.bouhaj
o.bouhaj replied the topic: AD powershell script throws complexity exception
Hi Jack,

Thank you for reporting the error. I will try to reproduce the error and will contact you.

Regards,

Omar

What our customers are saying

Sajad Shah - Cancer Research

"Login VSI has empowered us to make more informed decisions on releasing a new vDisk which we now do on a monthly basis. We have found that Login VSI tests can also flag other issues in our environment that may not be picked up by our standard User Testing which allows us to either make the appropriate changes to the vDisk or workload script adjustments to run successful tests. This has given us peace of mind and allows us to release VDI’s with confidence."

Sajad Shah, Senior Technical Analyst at Cancer Research UK

Rob Girard - Tintri

"You would be somewhat nuts to go to production with VDI without first and constantly re-evaluating with Login VSI. Always run all your changes through it so there are no surprises. Surprises in VDI never just hit one or two users--it's all or nothing.”

Rob Girard, Technical Marketing Engineer at Tintri

Todd Mace - PernixData

"Login VSI has been a great partner for us. Customers use PernixData with Login VSI to help validate their user experience. Login VSI helps to see what their performance bottlenecks are and our software helps to mediate some of that. Login VSI has been a kind of defacto standard to be able to help that validation and help the customer to be able to come up with a solution to fix it."

Todd Mace, Product Manager at PernixData

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200