login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

Unable to load logs from tests - says v3 when it's v4.

• jackwmc4
  • jackwmc4's Avatar Topic Author
21 May 2013 00:16 #1036

I'm unable to load logs from previous test runs that were created with v4. The tool says it doesn't support v3 logs and that I must use the v4 tool, but I am using the v4 tool and the logs were created with v4.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2013 21:40 #1037

Hi Jack,

Thank you for reporting the error. I can reproduce this and will contact the development team.
However, this also means that the tests did not successfully finish or even started.

If you fire-off the test;
- does the 'dashboard' shows that there were/are launched sessions?
- does the 'dashboard' shows that there were/are active sessions?
- does the ‘dashboard’ shows any errors on launched/active sessions?

launched sessions should slowly become 'active sessions' in the ‘dashboard’ (depending on how fast the environment is)

Detailed
The result folder is empty. Which means that either;
- There were no measurements captured/saved (in the Results folder)
o test folder ‘TESTNAME’ (\\host\vsishare\testname\Results) has no logs to be analyzed
- The test user did not became ‘active’ (test user got launched but did not start the script)
o The test user got Launched by the Launcher (\\host\vsishare\testname\Monitor\LaunchedSessions\*) < contains 1 launched .txt file
o The test user did not logon to the test machine (\\host\vsishare\testname\Monitor\Logon\*) < is empty
o The test user did not became active on the test machine (no user activity) (\\host\vsishare\testname\Monitor\ActiveSessions\*) < is empty

A test user that did become active on the test machine (with user activity) and has fully ran a successfully test can be found in (\\host\vsishare\testname\Monitor\Logoff\*). Which means, that the test user did successfully logoff when the test finished.

Regards,

Omar

• Albæk
31 May 2013 11:25 #1058

We have the same problem

Regards

Thomas

• jackwmc4
  • jackwmc4's Avatar Topic Author
03 Jun 2013 18:35 #1061

Omar,

I believe you are right in that the tests aren't properly completing which is causing the issue. I have emailed support regarding the reason it is not completing, which is due to the macro variables you're using for %VSI_Weblocation% and other web related variables. The websites are not being loaded correctly because the URLs are incorrect, which is causing the tests to not complete.

More
05 Jun 2013 08:12 #1072

Hi Thomas,

Is the explanation from Omar clear?

With kind regards,
Ryan Bijkerk

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle