login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-03.jpg

IE not closing on launchers

• wojerclark
  • wojerclark's Avatar Topic Author
21 May 2013 23:53 #1042 by wojerclark
I am having an issue with IE not closing on the launchers after the desktop session is opened. I am using XenDesktop through a Web Interface server. IE opens, the username and password are passed, the logon is started, and the desktop launched, but then IE is not closed. In the VSI agent window I see the following error:

VSI Has encountered an unexpected error and cannot initate a session. Please review the admin guide at www.loginvsi.com.Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2013 08:59 #1048 by o.bouhaj
Hi Wojer,

The program in question requires .NET Framework 3.5, which is an extension of .NET Framework 2.0.

I doubt that’s causing users not to logoff properly. CTXConnector has a few parameters.

To connect Login VSI to Citrix XenDesktop or a XenApp farm use the following steps:

◾Download Citrix Webinterface Connector (CTXConnector.zip) (Requires .net 3.0)
◾Make sure the Citrix Client is installed on all launchers
◾Extract CTXConnector.zip to your VSIshare, for example \\server\VSIShare\CTXConnect (If the folder does not exist create it)
◾Start the Management Console and go to the “Test Configuration” tab.
◾Set the “Connection Type” to “Custom Command Line” or when required “Custom Command Line with CSV”
◾Configure the following custom command line:
“\\server\VSIShare\Scripts\CTXConnect\CTXConnector.exe” -s “http://MyXDwebsite” -u “Login_VSI%Count%” -p “Password!” -d “DomainName” -r “DesktopName” -t1 5 -t2 7
◾Save the test settings

-s http://MyXDWebSite Location of your Citrix Web Interface Site *
-u Login_VSI Username used to connect*
-p Password! Password used to connect*
-d Domain Domainname used to connect
-r Desktopname Name of the resource or desktop you want to connect to (optionally DesktopGroupName)
-debug Enables debug mode
-t1 5 Number of seconds to wait before starting the desktop after authenticating the user
-t2 5 Number of seconds to wait before logging off user / closing IE after starting desktop

To troubleshoot CTXConnector you can create a CMD file with the contents below. You can run this CMD file directly on any launcher that has the Citrix Client installed and access to the CTXConnectpr.exe file. Make sure that on a per launcher basis only one instance of CTXConnector is running at the same time, if they overlap please change the logon interval or change the t1/t2 parameters.
“\\server\VSIShare\Scripts\CTXConnector\CTXConnector.exe” -s “http://MyXDwebsite” -u “Login_VSI1” -p “Password!” -d “DomainName” -r “DesktopName” -debug

This should open a new instance of internet explorer browser to the webinterface site authenticate a user and connect the desktop. When the connection fails debug information will be stored in the %temp%\VSI\Log folder.

The parameters that are helpful for you are;

-t1 5 Number of seconds to wait before starting the desktop after authenticating the user
-t2 5 Number of seconds to wait before logging off user / closing IE after starting desktop

I hope this makes sense? If you need help let me know.

Regards,

Omar

• wojerclark
  • wojerclark's Avatar Topic Author
22 May 2013 18:17 #1050 by wojerclark
It turned out to be a .NET issue. The launchers are WIN2K8R2 and I needed to enable .NET on them. You might want to put that in the documentation as a requirement. Thanks for the reply

More
05 Jun 2013 08:22 #1073 by r.bijkerk
Hi Wojer,

Thank you for the reply, I have created a task to update our documentation regarding the connectors requirements.

With kind regards,
Ryan Bijkerk

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

300 Tradecenter
Suite 3460