login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40

Same number of IOPS per desktop on all workloads

• wojerclark
  • wojerclark's Avatar Topic Author
06 Jun 2013 21:04 #1094

I am seeing that all three workloads (light, medium, and heavy) are generating basically the same number of IOPS, about 7 to 9 IOPS per desktop.

What should the expected number IOPS for each workload be? I would expect each workload to be at least double the previous one. So if a light workload is 7 IOPS per desktop a medium workload should be at least 14 IOPS and a heavy workload should be at least 28 IOPS.

To work around this I need to add VDbench to the image and have it generate the additional IOPS, but this is not really a real world test. Could something be missing from the medium and heavy workload that should be generating more IOPS?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

07 Jun 2013 13:03 #1100

Hi Wojerclark,

You are correct about the IOPS usage. The current workloads are focussed mainly on CPU/Mem. The good news is that you can change the workload to your needs with ease, adding for example some file copies for each user might just do the trick.

Also next to that we are currently working on releasing a IOPS/ storage focussed workload.

• darinschmitz
25 Jul 2013 21:01 #1329

I would certainly be interested in a storage related workload. How can I get added to the "beta testers" list? Thx

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands