login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-03.jpg

Workload not running on view 5.2

• chuch
  • chuch's Avatar Topic Author
07 Jun 2013 16:39 #1103

So I've install 4.0 express by using the installation guide and still can't get it to work. The problem I'm having is that when I start the test the launcher machine connects to the view desktop but it does not start the workload just connects to the desktop and sits there I've installed the required applications from the target setup folder.

I've attached some screenshots of the target machine this is based off a linked clone master image.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• chuch
07 Jun 2013 16:53 #1104

Reran the test and no for some reason I get this error see screenshot below should this be the network share not the local hard disk ?

Attachments:

More
11 Jun 2013 07:29 #1106

Hi Chuck,

Can you check for me if the Login Scripts created by Login VSI in the netlogon folder of your domain contain the correct paths ? Probably in your case it contains a local path but it should contain a UNC path (see example). You can edit this file by running notepad as an administrator.

Let me know if this helps.

Attachments:

• chuch
11 Jun 2013 23:50 #1112

Hi Mark yes I fixed that yesterday by changing the UNC inside of LoginVSI and now when I run the test it actually executes it was definitely a problem with logon script.

Now on to the next problem the launcher runs and connects to the view desktop but according the analyzer it's not creating enough
sessions for VSImax V4 to be reached when I have setup 10 connections in the launcher it says 3 sessions have ran successfully.

My goal is too test the maximum View VDI clients this server can handle any idea of what could be going on ?

Do i need to add more sessions or maybe more phases ?

Attachments:

More
12 Jun 2013 06:24 #1114

Do all of the sessions that logon keep running ? Or are they what we call "stuck" at one point in the workload ?

• chuch
12 Jun 2013 17:30 #1126

Hi Mark they keep running I just reran the test before i left work last night and now I get 9 sessions ran successfully but VSImax v4 not reached still.

I added 4 more phases with 10 sessions phase.

Looks as though the launcher is only opening 1 view desktop at a time then stops and opens another one is this normal I thought it would open 20 sessions simultaneously.

More
12 Jun 2013 17:32 #1127

Hi Chuch,

Can you check if the -Standalone parameter is in your connection commandline. That allows the view client to start multiple sessions at once.

• chuch
12 Jun 2013 17:36 #1128

Mark,

Yes it is could this be the reason why the VsiMax is not being reached ?

• chuch
12 Jun 2013 21:58 #1129

So I ran the test and still not receive the VsiMax numbers what can I be doing wrong ?

-Standalone is on my command line options.

Added the latest results.

Attachments:

More
13 Jun 2013 09:21 #1134

Hi Chuch,

Not recieving a VSImax number in this case is good news. Means that your hardware should be able to handle more sessions :)

• chuch
13 Jun 2013 17:49 #1136

markp wrote:

Hi Chuch,

Not recieving a VSImax number in this case is good news. Means that your hardware should be able to handle more sessions :)

OK but one strange thing is the launcher is only opening 1 session at a time then when it try's to load another session is closes the first sessions and opens a new view connection.

I think I can only go with 50 sessions max on the express version correct ?

• chuch
14 Jun 2013 16:41 #1150

Ok so i updated the user license to 100 users and I have two launchers running 50 sessions each but when looking at the launchers and the view administrator I only ever see 1 desktop connected at a time still.

• enichols
15 Jun 2013 03:23 #1152

Paste for us your connection command line. If you havent alreday, either specify more desktop allocations for the user in the connection command line or increment using "username{count}" on the command line.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands