login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40

Test isn't working properly

• aw505
  • aw505's Avatar Topic Author
13 Jun 2013 19:57 #1139

I keep receiving the status 'waiting for launcher' when trying to run a test with VSI Express 4.0.1 against XenApp 6.5. If I manually delete the file that is in C:\VSIshare\_VSI_Configuration\_LauncherStatus\Prep\ it will proceed and go to a ready status. If this normal? Is this a bug? Is it going to impact something if I manually have to delete that file? I can reprocedure this over and over easily as it happens every time I run a test. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• aw505
13 Jun 2013 20:01 #1140

After implementing a few workarounds, I've been able to get a test to launch using Login VSI 4.0.1 Express against XenApp 6.5 but it isn't working properly. As soon as the first ICA session is launched from the Launcher and it logs into the published desktop, it just sits there at the desktop. I'm guessing this may be a matter of a login script not running properly or functioning properly as I assume that is what kicks off the synethic transaction executable? It sits there and does nothing, no apps launched, etc. Another thing worth mentioning is we are not running the logon script from sysvol rather attempting to run it from a file share on the same server we have the VSIshare on. We've specified it via full UNC path in the GPO so I wouldn't think this would cause issues but figured I'd mention it in case this wouldn't work for some reason.

Also, I waited for 15+ minutes and it did not launch a second session (or more) from the Launcher even though the test was configured to launch every 8 minutes with a max of 5 sessions (just testing before I load up the sessions), which seems like another issue as well.

Any help or leads on these two issues is appreciated.

14 Jun 2013 06:45 #1147

Hi aw505,

I will ask a member of the support team to connect with you today. Would you be open to a short call/gotomeeting ?

• aw505
14 Jun 2013 14:58 #1149

Yeah, that would be great. Have them email me to coordinate. Thanks.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands