login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

LoginVSI user can not connect to desktop after log on XenDesktop

• je151
  • je151's Avatar Topic Author
14 Jun 2013 14:08 #1148 by je151
I am having a problem with the connection configuration. This is my command line for the "Citrix Web Interface": {VSISHARE}\_VSI_Binaries\Connectors\CTXConnector\CTXConnector.exe -s http://aspc01/Citrix/DesktopWeb/auth/login.aspx -debug -u {username} -p {password} -r "Lego NXT - Win 7"

The LoginVSI user can logon the XenDesktop in the windows internet explorer but after that it does not log onto the "Lego NXT -Win 7" (the virtual desktop). After a few seconds it logs off and close the browser.

My questions: did I made something wrong and used the right connection (tried the other Citrix connections but this was the only one that worked halfway)?
If the connection is right which parameter/value must -r be? I tried the value of labels (see picture; "Lego NXT - Win 7"), name of the target platform (win7-lego-02) and looked at the html-code of the XenDesktop and used the ID names or other things but nothing worked.

For any help I would be very grateful.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2013 14:06 - 21 Jun 2013 14:09 #1184 by o.bouhaj
Hello Je,

Sorry for the delayed response. I will add some information on CTXconnect to help you troubleshoot. I think that the 'resource' is trying to 'boot' up but that the process (agent) kills everything to fast. We have a parameter to configure both - click resource and - logoff from webinterface - option;

-s http://MyXDWebSite Location of your Citrix Web Interface Site *
-u Login_VSI Username used to connect*
-p Password! Password used to connect*
-d Domain Domainname used to connect
-r Desktopname Name of the resource or desktop you want to connect to (optionally DesktopGroupName)
-debug Enables debug mode
-t1 5 Number of seconds to wait before starting the desktop after authenticating the user
-t2 5 Number of seconds to wait before logging off user / closing IE after starting desktop

Try the following ccl; {VSISHARE}\_VSI_Binaries\Connectors\CTXConnector\CTXConnector.exe -s http://aspc01/Citrix/DesktopWeb/auth/login.aspx -u {username} -p {password} -r "Lego NXT - Win 7" -t1 3 -t2 8 -debug

To troubleshoot CTXConnector you can create a CMD file with the contents below. You can run this CMD file directly on any launcher that has the Citrix Client installed and access to the CTXConnectpr.exe file. Make sure that on a per launcher basis only one instance of CTXConnector is running at the same time, if they overlap please change the logon interval or change the t1/t2 parameters.
“\\server\VSIShare\Scripts\CTXConnector\CTXConnector.exe” -s “http://MyXDwebsite” -u “Login_VSI1” -p “Password!” -d “DomainName” -r “DesktopName” -debug

This should open a new instance of internet explorer browse to the webinterface site authenticate a user and connect the desktop. When the connection fails debug information will be stored in the %temp%\VSI\Log folder.

If you need further help I would love to do that via a online quick meeting. We can overview the whole stack and get you up/running. Let me know if this works for you. Thanks,

Regards,

Omar

• tmotts
25 Jun 2013 12:59 #1196 by tmotts
i have the same problem i am using two windows 7 launchers the launchers start all the session but further down the list if you review the bat file it says it cant find document containing user name and VSI CCU error contact adminstration guide.I was unable to find anyhing i am using xd 56 on a nutanix backend. The machines show ready and the brokering is working properly but no session launches if i use the tester acct in the scenario from a windows pc or tc sessions and resources launch properly

• je151
  • je151's Avatar Topic Author
25 Jun 2013 13:46 #1197 by je151
@tmotts: Please look in the attached file. It shows the agent.exe and a timeout error (in the third from last line). If you have this problem then I can only say, that the connector is trying to find a label/object with the value "User name: ". If it finds the object it will insert the username in the editfield (but I have no idea how this is done) . I had the problem when I used XenDesktop with the global language 'german' and had to change it to english.

@omar: I tried your ccl but it did not worked and looked at %temp%\VSI\Log, but the Log folder was not created and had no debug information. At the moment I am trying to adjust the server and clients do use RDP or Citrix StoreFront. Nevertheless, thanks for the help.
Attachments:

More
25 Jun 2013 16:45 #1198 by o.bouhaj
Hi Je and Tmot,

We have a updated version of the CTXConnector for foreign CTX WI's, CTX Access Gateways and more advanced parameters. You can download it from our software page.

/? shows us;

-debug -> debugging ENABLE - Site
-s -> site*
-u -> user*
-d -> Domain
-p -> Password*
-r -> resource (desktop) Name
-t1 Seconds to wait before initiating resource
-t2 Seconds to wait after initiating resource
-n -> Logon button name
-i -> Logon button ID
-w -> Wait for text (default is 'User name: ')
-nu -> Name of the user name input field
-np -> Name of the password input field
-nd -> Name of the domain input field
-tab -> Tab name (leave empty if no tab has to be clicked)
-dontclose -> not to close IE after finishing
-dontlogoff -> not to logoff the active session
-noclick -> do not click the resource (should be auto-launched)
example: CTXConnector -s http://webinterfaceserver -u user -p password -d domain
* - These are required

Example for foreign languages: CTXConnector -s http://webinterfaceserver -u user -p password -d domain -w "IN PUT"
Example for foreign languages: CTXConnector -s http://webinterfaceserver -u user -p password -d domain -w INPUT

@Je/Tmot; Let me know if you are still willing to setup a quick meeting and overview what you are facing. I'm sure I can get you up/running with the CTX WI/Broker. Thanks

Regards,

Omar

• tmotts
25 Jun 2013 18:26 #1199 by tmotts
so does the citrix and login vsi article that reference steps to use vsi 3 with the citrix connector apply if your using vsi 4 webi 54 . i was using the connection wizard i was not using the custom command with or without csv. When i look at the values user name and password are not displayed i was under the impression it was hashed. I will add the ctxconnector to the share as referenced here www.loginvsi.com/documentation/v3/perfor...ms/citrix-xendesktop

More
26 Jun 2013 09:29 #1201 by o.bouhaj
Yes Tmot. This applies for VSI3.x and VSI4.x. The connection wizard generates the same CCL as we would put in manually (its just a wizard;). CSV is not mandatory, it can make life easier for us though (and allot of advanced configurations allowed). The values Uname/Pword are indeed hashed and parsed from the 'Connection Details' values.

Keep me updated in your progress please. Eventually a call is possible (GTM).

Thanks,

Omar.

• tmotts
27 Jun 2013 03:45 #1225 by tmotts
ok so I adjusted my desktop assignment group name to match the published resource name the desktop launches but I get an error message that says no launcher configuration on the target device when it attempts to start the test sequence with just 1 user not using the csv

More
04 Jul 2013 14:31 #1256 by o.bouhaj
"error message that says no launcher configuration on the target device"

Looks like something is not correctly configured. Can you help us troubleshoot by providing screenshots, errors, logs?

Thanks,

Omar.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

300 Tradecenter
Suite 3460