login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

LoginVSI 4.0.2 Configuration

• kitaab
  • kitaab's Avatar Topic Author
16 Jun 2013 18:57 #1153 by kitaab
I installed LoginVSI 4.0.2

What we want to do here is to benchmark XenDesktop 5.6 environment , I was going through the install document but have some doubts that i though should ask in here.

1.After Creating the AD accounts using the Powershell script generated in the console , do i have to assign exchange mailboxes to all the users created (we created around 100)

2.Target --- In case we want to benchmark XenDesktop 5.6 environment , what will be the target in that case and how many targets do we need to create

What will be the target if we want to benchmark XenApp 6.5 environment and how many targets do we need.

3.The Launcher machine --- which machine can act as a launcher machine, can i use my personal desktop to act as a launcher. DO i have to move this machine to a specific OU or login as laucher account onto it ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2013 13:19 - 17 Jun 2013 13:23 #1158 by o.bouhaj
1.After Creating the AD accounts using the Powershell script generated in the console , do i have to assign exchange mailboxes to all the users created (we created around 100)

Depends; do you want to assign and test the exchange server? By default we test local outlook profile (.prf) which is fully automated.

2.Target --- In case we want to benchmark XenDesktop 5.6 environment , what will be the target in that case and how many targets do we need to create

The target will be either the published pool (with all the 100 VMs) created from one master-image or separated (which we do not suggest) VMs published.
I suggest preparing a master VM and install the Target setup portion and deploy it for the desired amount of test VMs.

3.The Launcher machine --- which machine can act as a launcher machine, can i use my personal desktop to act as a launcher. DO i have to move this machine to a specific OU or login as laucher account onto it ?

Yes you can use your PC to act as a Launcher. You don’t have to move the Launchers to any OU. The only requirement is – the Launchers must have access to the VSIshare.

Let me know if this works for you or if you need/want any help in getting you started. Thanks

Kind Regards,

Omar Bouhaj

• kitaab
17 Jun 2013 15:08 #1159 by kitaab
Thank You Omar

I created a master VM and will install target software on it now.

Just wondering , when i create 100 VM using this master Image , when i setup the test using LoginVSI , what am i supposed to check .

Does the launcher executes the workflow on all 100 machines simultaneously , i am getting stuck on imaging how it will run .

Will it start all the machines and then execute tests on them as not all the machines will be powered on.

Do you have any video or blog where it shows how to run LoginVSI tests for a XenDesktop 5.6 pool..

• kitaab
18 Jun 2013 13:15 #1166 by kitaab
I installed the Target ,

now while creating the Connection Wizard , please chekc the image.

I am not sure what i should choose for XenDesktop

If anyone has done the test for xendesktop , please can you share the steps

I have created 20 machines (pooled random catalog ) and i now want to run LoginVSI and then Analysze.

Please advice
Attachments:

More
26 Jun 2013 15:37 #1216 by o.bouhaj
Hello Kitaab,

As you may notice, I am quite busy, so sorry for the late response.

You should pick Citrix Web interface (which is actually XenDesktop, maybe good idea to name it XenDesktop;). Thanks.
I will add a few links to get you running. But the Connection Wizard tells you exactly what to do.

v3.x link same concept, same parameters; www.loginvsi.com/documentation/v3/perfor...ms/citrix-xendesktop

v4.x link; www.loginvsi.com/forum/support-v4/726-lo...er-log-on-xendesktop

Let me know if this helps?

PS, attached a screenshot.

The parameters {...} requires (parsers) the 'Connection Details' fields, see attached screenshot. If you require more advanced scenarios (more pools/different users/different brokers etc.) one can use the CSV option.

You can manually open a CMD box and verify the command line;

"\\host\VSISHARE\_VSI_Binaries\Connectors\CTXConnector\CTXConnector.exe -s XENDESKTOP.URL/ -u LoginVSI1 -p Password@123 -d DEV -r "YOUR POOL/RESOURCE NAME"

Let me know if you need more information, help or have any further questions.

Thanks,

Omar.
Attachments:

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

300 Tradecenter