login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-03.jpg

Multiple Issues with Launcher

• aw505
  • aw505's Avatar Topic Author
19 Jun 2013 18:11 #1169 by aw505
I am having two issues with the launcher using Login VSI 4.x Express against XenApp 6.5.

Issue #1: On one of my launchers (a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 server) with Receiver 3.4 I receive the following error when launching a test. Is there any reason obvious this would occur? Are there any debug logs that can be turned on? Any other ideas?

Starting ICAConnect
ERROR - Connection failed to server %name of server here%

Issue #2: On another system I tested as a launcher (Windows 7 SP1) with Receiver 3.4, the first session will launch, but none of the subsequent sessions actually launch, even though the management console shows the maximum sessions increasing. I have tried this with both 5 sessions and 30 sessions with the same results. On the launcher, only one ICA session is running, but no more than that. The test setup is configured correctly. Is there any reason obvious this would occur? Are there any debug logs that can be turned on? Any other ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2013 09:50 #1182 by o.bouhaj
#1 Seems like an Citrix XA config issue. Google shows me allot of info about this error.
#2 Not sure why/where/how this occurs. I would like to setup a quick online session to overview a few steps. Let me know if this is possible?

Regards,

Omar

PS, i will contact you via email.

• aw505
  • aw505's Avatar Topic Author
30 Jul 2013 22:07 #1335 by aw505
After working with both Omar and Dennis, we finally isolated our issue to being registry settings in the ICA Client registry hive on the launcher machine. After deleting the keys that were in there, more than one ICA session would launch in parallel on the client. Not sure which exact key it was, but I wanted to share this in case anyone else runs into the same.

More
06 Aug 2013 17:56 #1353 by d.geerlings
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Citrix\ICA Client\Engine\Lockdown Profiles\All Regions\Lockdown\Logon\Local Credentials]
"EnableSSOnThruICAFile"="true"

Seems to be the setting responsible for this behavior. Looking at support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/ica-se...ssonthruicafile.html should help track down which policy is responsible for this setting.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

300 Tradecenter
Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 408 899 7418