login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-03.jpg

Medium Workload Issues after 4.0.2 patch

• aw505
  • aw505's Avatar Topic Author
20 Jun 2013 01:06 #1170 by aw505
After upgrading to Login VSI Express 4.0.2 (from 4.0.1) I am not getting errors within a given session during the loop 1, segment 1 87% through where it attempts to load the BBC website. The error is "cannot find file://servername/VSIshare/_VSI_Websites/BBC/HTML/Auto-8.html'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct."

After looking in the share, that path does not exist but the following does exist: file://servername/VSIshare/_VSI_Webistes/BBC/ then 5 directories underneath it that are numbered 1,2,3,4,5.

Something appears to be wrong with the code and what the variable %VSI_Web_BBC% is referencing in Medium.txt workload file. Not sure where that variable is defined though. Something must have changed to the file structure with the new patch as this error was not present previously and it loaded the BBC site fine. Help?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ReneB
20 Jun 2013 08:41 - 20 Jun 2013 08:42 #1171 by ReneB
I only saw the problem when using the Create Profile option and after comparing this Workload with the Medium (which worked for me), I have found the problem and fixed it.

The script you have to edit is: VSIshare\_VSI_Workloads\Official Workloads\CreateProfile.txt
You have to add an extra parameter in the function Web_Start_Random between "BBC" and %VSI_Web_BBC% or just replace it with the line below:
Web_Start_Random("IEPrepare", "%VSI_WebLocation%", "BBC", "Website", %VSI_Web_BBC%)

This worked for me, so I guess it will also solve your problem ;)

Kind regards,
René

More
21 Jun 2013 09:36 #1181 by o.bouhaj
Hi Gents,

Thank you for reporting the error.
I will try to reproduce the error and we will update you. Eventually we could resolve this in a upcoming patch.

Regards,

Omar

• aw505
  • aw505's Avatar Topic Author
21 Jun 2013 15:22 #1187 by aw505
Thanks ReneB. I turned off the create profile option and things are now working (not getting that BBC error). Any idea what the create profile option actually does? I'm not clear what it is doing and if I need to be using it or not.

• ReneB
24 Jun 2013 07:33 #1193 by ReneB
Glad I could help you.
Basically this option just create all userprofiles on a clean PC ((starts all involved programs once), so this will not be part of the actual test. For more info I suggest you read the Performing Tests chapter from the documentation of v3.x ( www.loginvsi.com/documentation/v3/performing-tests ).

Be sure to create a new test phase after using this option. For more info see www.loginvsi.com/forum/support-v4/736-ru...reate-profiles-fails

Kind regards,
René

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

300 Tradecenter
Suite 3460