login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

normal Running test after using Create Profiles fails

• ReneB
  • ReneB's Avatar Topic Author
20 Jun 2013 09:21 - 20 Jun 2013 11:52 #1173 by ReneB
ReneB created the topic: Running test after using Create Profiles fails
After using the Create Profiles option during Start Test I cannot run a normal test anymore.
When a session is started to the Target I get the following error:

Repro:
Login VSI version: 4.02
  • Used 3 launchers
  • Create TestScenario (Sessions=15, Timeframe=450)
  • Connection used RDP
  • Start Test (enable profilecreate mode)
  • Test runs fine
  • Start Test (disable profilecreate mode)
  • Test fails with error

Please help me to get running the normal test again (it worked before I used create profiles)

Kind regards,
René

====================== Update =====================
Problem is the value for Workload in the Global.ini (can be found in VSIShare\_VSI_LogFiles\<Testname>)
Workload=profilecreate => which should be medium

In VSILauncher.ini the value for CreateProfile=0 (so this is correct, because it is 1 when the option is enabled)

Workaround is to delete the test phase, create a new one and run the test again.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2013 09:25 #1179 by o.bouhaj
o.bouhaj replied the topic: Running test after using Create Profiles fails
Hi Rene,

Thank you for reporting the error.
I will try to reproduce the error and we will update you. Eventually we could resolve this in a upcoming patch.

Regards,

Omar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What our customers are saying

Tristan Todd - VMware

“Login VSI is my favorite test orchestration and simulation tool for large-scale reference architecture testing. Not only do we use it in our testing, but we work with partners who use Login VSI exclusively, with the idea that you create the most realistic simulated workload at scale, to really test infrastructure and software capabilities. What’s more, getting the results and be able to measure yourself across platforms and across vendor solutions is just fantastic and is unequalled in the industry.”

Tristan Todd, EUC Architect at VMware

Michael Mainusch - Dachser

“With Login VSI, we can simulate the effects and compatibilities of applications and patches, as well as scaling in a virtualized terminal server environment, with minimal expenditure of time. Due to the adaptability of Login VSI to individual customer environments, we can simulate the real production environment, using the achieved measurement results and assertions.”

Michael Mainusch, Team Leader Application Services at Dachser

Bill Galloway - Pivot3

“The labs at Pivot3 have hundreds of machines. A portion of those are running different Login VSI configurations so we can be constantly configuring with different hardware to see how that affects desktops. Then we tweak the RAM and CPU, and tune so we know how many users we can support.”

Bill Galloway, Founder and CTO at Pivot3

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200