login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40

VMware View 5.2

• OBrien
  • OBrien's Avatar Topic Author
21 Jun 2013 16:21 #1188

We have purchased version 4 of the product and we have purchased a license for up to 500 users

We want to test it against a desktop pool that has 475 already provisioned guests

Can you suggest settings in the command line?
I understand that desktopname means the pool id

Please Log in to join the conversation.

26 Jun 2013 14:15 #1209

Hi OBrien,

Settings depends a bit on your view configurations. But the 'connection wizard' has all the parameters available that you can or would like to use. I suggest to use the default;

"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Client\bin\wswc.exe" -serverURL {server} -username {username} -password {password} -domainName {domain} -desktopName poolname -standAlone -logInAsCurrentUser False -nonInteractive -connectUSBOnStartup False /NoVMWareAddins

The parameters {...} requires (parsers) the 'Connection Details' fields, see attached screenshot. If you require more advanced scenarios (more pools/different users/different brokers etc.) one can use the CSV option. Check; www.loginvsi.com/documentation/v3/perfor...-systems/vmware-view

You can manually open a CMD box and verify the command line;

"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Client\bin\wswc.exe" -serverURL -username LoginVSI1 -password Password@123 -domainName VSI -desktopName W8 -standAlone -logInAsCurrentUser False -nonInteractive -connectUSBOnStartup False /NoVMWareAddins

Let me know if you need more information, help or have any further questions.

• OBrien
  • OBrien's Avatar Topic Author
01 Jul 2013 12:40 #1243

That is great Omar thanks
I am back at the client this week so I will give it a go

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670