login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Launcher can't launch View client

• yo2man
  • yo2man's Avatar Topic Author
28 Jun 2013 09:19 #1239

First question ,In my environment, I have an AD with the share file folder including all the component, a dedicated launcher server with view client. I can use the launcher server to preform RDP session I configure in LoginVSI, but if I used view protocol to connect, the launcher server was nothing activating. Does anybody give me a favor ? What steps might I probably miss?

On the launcher I performed the agent and session monitor. The other steps on the file server was consistent with using RDP
protocol.

The Second question is when I tried to build the environment again, I use RDP protocol to launch testing machine but nothing happened in the VM . I just saw the launcher that opened the RDP session and login. The test was originally successful before I rebuilt it. I have no idea about the problems. :dry:

Login VSI Version: 4.0.2
Test system: view
Operating system version target: Windows 7 Sp1 64bit
Operating system version launcher(s): Windows 7
Office version target: Office 2010
Language: English

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yo2man
  • yo2man's Avatar Topic Author
30 Jun 2013 13:58 #1241

well, I find the answer from the discussion before. As is shown in the below.

We were able to get the vmware viewer command line working by adding -unattended, here is our example. There may also be some issues with quoting desktop names that have spaces in them.

"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Client\bin\wswc.exe" -serverURL {server} -username {username} -password {password} -domainName {domain} -desktopName windows7 -standAlone -logInAsCurrentUser False -connectUSBOnStartup True -nonInteractive -unattended

More
01 Jul 2013 17:49 #1244

Interesting because the VMware View client documentation says that the unattended parameter sets parameters that have already been configured:
pubs.vmware.com/view-50/index.jsp?topic=...CB-0046BF6D9167.html

The -unattended option implicitly sets the -nonInteractive, -connectUSBOnStartup, and -connectUSBOnInsert options.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands