login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

normal Launcher can't launch View client

• yo2man
  • yo2man's Avatar Topic Author
28 Jun 2013 09:19 - 28 Jun 2013 11:13 #1239 by yo2man
yo2man created the topic: Launcher can't launch View client
First question ,In my environment, I have an AD with the share file folder including all the component, a dedicated launcher server with view client. I can use the launcher server to preform RDP session I configure in LoginVSI, but if I used view protocol to connect, the launcher server was nothing activating. Does anybody give me a favor ? What steps might I probably miss?

On the launcher I performed the agent and session monitor. The other steps on the file server was consistent with using RDP
protocol.

The Second question is when I tried to build the environment again, I use RDP protocol to launch testing machine but nothing happened in the VM . I just saw the launcher that opened the RDP session and login. The test was originally successful before I rebuilt it. I have no idea about the problems. :dry:

Login VSI Version: 4.0.2
Test system: view
Operating system version target: Windows 7 Sp1 64bit
Operating system version launcher(s): Windows 7
Office version target: Office 2010
Language: English

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yo2man
  • yo2man's Avatar Topic Author
30 Jun 2013 13:58 #1241 by yo2man
yo2man replied the topic: Launcher can't launch View client
well, I find the answer from the discussion before. As is shown in the below.

We were able to get the vmware viewer command line working by adding -unattended, here is our example. There may also be some issues with quoting desktop names that have spaces in them.

"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Client\bin\wswc.exe" -serverURL {server} -username {username} -password {password} -domainName {domain} -desktopName windows7 -standAlone -logInAsCurrentUser False -connectUSBOnStartup True -nonInteractive -unattended

More
01 Jul 2013 17:49 - 01 Jul 2013 17:53 #1244 by d.geerlings
d.geerlings replied the topic: Launcher can't launch View client
Interesting because the VMware View client documentation says that the unattended parameter sets parameters that have already been configured:
pubs.vmware.com/view-50/index.jsp?topic=...CB-0046BF6D9167.html

The -unattended option implicitly sets the -nonInteractive, -connectUSBOnStartup, and -connectUSBOnInsert options.

What our customers are saying

Jamie Vernon - STARTEK

"Login PI enables us to minimize system downtime and deliver strategic business value like never before."

Jamie Vernon, VP of IT and infrastructure at STARTEK 

Manoj Doshi - Aetna

"Login VSI gives you a true picture of performance in your environment, whether you’ve built it right or need to make changes. When you don’t have room for mistakes, Login VSI provides you with the confidence and assurance that the environment is going to work."

Manoj Doshi, Director - Client Technology Innovation at Aetna

Rob Girard - Tintri

"You would be somewhat nuts to go to production with VDI without first and constantly re-evaluating with Login VSI. Always run all your changes through it so there are no surprises. Surprises in VDI never just hit one or two users--it's all or nothing.”

Rob Girard, Technical Marketing Engineer at Tintri

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200