login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

normal Dataserver Setup on W7

• garcia
  • garcia's Avatar Topic Author
24 Jul 2013 11:48 #1314 by garcia
garcia created the topic: Dataserver Setup on W7
Hi, I´m tryint to set up the data server portion of VSI on a w7 machine and when I launch the setup I get a .Net framework initialization error: "Unable to fin a version of the runtime to run this application.

The machine has all the default intalls and updates including .NET frameworks 1, 2, 3.51, 4 and 4.5

Tried removing and testing 4.5, 4 and 3.5.1, 2, and still get the same error on all 4 try´s.

Tried removing all frameworks and adding only 3.5.1 and still the same error.

As the documentation states that these are the requirements:
- Running a windows based fileserver OS (W7 with all updates)
- Minimum of 5GB free disk space (10GB available)
- Preferably no anti-virus solutions as this impacts performance (No AV installed)

I´m not sure what I´m doing wrong.

Thx a lot in advance
Thierry Garcia

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2013 12:20 - 24 Jul 2013 15:31 #1315 by o.bouhaj
o.bouhaj replied the topic: Dataserver Setup on W7
Hi Garcia,

Thanks for letting us know, appreciated.

I will update the documentation. The Dataserver Setup is _only_ compatible with Windows Server OS's.

Omar

- 24/07/2013, documentation has been updated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What our customers are saying

Randy Groves - Teradici

"As the developer of the PCoIP protocol, we do a lot of our own internal benchmarking to make sure that we’re continuing to improve our protocol. But we can’t actually publish our internal benchmarks because everybody might think that the tests are biased. So when we want to publish results, we use Login VSI. That way, if a customer wants to repeat our results they can.”

Randy Groves, CTO at Teradici

Jamie Vernon - STARTEK

"Login PI enables us to minimize system downtime and deliver strategic business value like never before."

Jamie Vernon, VP of IT and infrastructure at STARTEK 

Johnny Blizzard - Health Insurance Organization

"We now have indisputable empirical proof supporting our claims. With Login VSI, we can run our own applications against various hardware platforms before we move to production! Application owners can see how their code impacts their users on our systems and we can present our findings to management for funding increases. We can also advocate for the users when supporting their claims of poor performance, all because of Login VSI."

Johnny Blizzard, Sr. IT Systems Engineer at a Health Insurance Organization

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200