login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

after deleting profiles, Outlook 2010 start in Startup dialog

• bwithaar
  • bwithaar's Avatar Topic Author
24 Jul 2013 13:48 #1316

Setup: Environment: loginvsi 4.0.2 and also 4.0.3, outlook 2010, windows server 2008r2.

Everything worked fine util I removed the Loginvsi_v4_??? profiles, because I wanted to run the Profilecreate* workload.
Now what happens is that for the Loginvsi users, Outlook 2010 starts up with the 'Microsoft Outlook 2010 Startup' dialog

I learned the reason for this is that there is no 'outlook' profile configured in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Now I am not sure where this is supposed to happen: I found that Outlook 2010 is configured by loginvsi4 via:
- Group policies VSI Computer-v4 and VSI User-v4. Only the latter one has policies for office, however only for auto archiving and some office15 parameters.
- Registry settings in %temp%\vsi\runtime, Offcice14.reg. However this does not refer to profile info.
- An Outlook.prf file %temp%\vsi\runtime -> this seems to have the missing information

Logged in as one of th users, once I apply these reg. settings, and let outlook load the profile (outlook.exe /importprf %temp%\vsi\runtime\Outlook.prf) it all starts to work.

So my question is: Where should this happen at test runtime, for example during running the Profilecreate* workload, so that my user sessions don't get stuck on outlook? This has worked before, so I am sure something got broken, perhaps a path to a utility...

thanks for your support.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• bwithaar
  • bwithaar's Avatar Topic Author
24 Jul 2013 13:57 #1317

oops pilot error: Office version got set to 2013....
(I found it looking at th workload files, where it loads the settings based on the office version...)
sorry....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam