login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-01.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

V4 - benchmark stopped on Excel

• 's Avatar Topic Author
19 Aug 2013 18:41 #1362

I have the evaluation license of V4. The benchmark does not run to completion for me. ALL of my VMs, at one point or another, will get stuck on this issue.

The VSI license will stop waiting for Excel to respond. I believe the issue is that VSI is waiting for Excel to open a specific file. That file, I believe, gets opened in Read-Only mode, which causes the file to get renamed. The altered title results in VSI not recognizing the Excel file open and times out to a stop.

Screenshots and a sample log file from a session is attached.
(n.b. I am using Windows7 in roaming profile mode, the user logged in is LoginVSI34)

This is a continuation of an issue here thread last seen here:
www.loginvsi.com/forum/support-v4/729-te...alog-of-notepad#1331

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• 's Avatar Topic Author
21 Aug 2013 14:43 #1366

Ran another benchmark again and noticed that we also have a VM stuck on Outlook. Screenshot shows VSI stopped waiting for outlook to pop the new message dialog. There appears to be a mismatch between expected window title and real window title.
Debug log of that usersession is also attached.

Attachments:

• 's Avatar Topic Author
21 Aug 2013 16:07 #1368

trying out the known issues to V4.X listed on the forum site, changing the Office version (we're running Office 2003) to Office 2007 didn't fix the problem.

More
26 Aug 2013 16:13 #1375

Hi Jing,

Are both OS and OFFICE in same Language pack?

• 's Avatar Topic Author
26 Aug 2013 17:35 #1378

Yes, both US English.

• Yinglong
27 Aug 2013 16:06 #1379

Hi,
We are seeing similar issue on ESXi/View with windows 7 32bit + Office 2007, all english version. See attached screenshot. This happens intermittently some sessions only. If it's language or OS issue, should it happen to all sessions?
Any thoughts?

Regards
Yinglong

Attachments:

More
27 Aug 2013 20:20 #1380

Yes to both. I will quickly explain ( since this is documented www.loginvsi.com/pdf/documentation/Login...-Reference-Guide.pdf chapter 3 :)

note, attached is a updated languagefile as example for office2003 adjusted for a few difference between (office versions) 'checks' we perform in workloads.

@jingsu, if you have office2003 please select ENOffice2003 as language in the MMC/options settings.
As you may notice the OutlookMessage is different in the attached file for office2003.

@yinglong, it indeed should happen to all sessions if its language issue on OS/APP layer and they come across that 'check' (depending on the segment).
This may also happen due to 'high or heavy' load during the test. Is load high during your test(s)?

EDIT1 - renamed the language file to .csv.txt
EDIT2 - added screenshot instead

Attachments:

• Yinglong
28 Aug 2013 07:56 #1383

Hi, Omar:
Is the workload language defined in {VSIShare}\_VSI_Configuration\_CurrentTest\Global.ini file? this the setting for our tests:
Workload_Language=en
And the LanguageSettings.csv attached. Can you see any issues there?
In terms of load, we didn't see the resource under stress, CPU is max at under 90% and RAM has no swap usage.

Thanks.

Attachments:

More
30 Aug 2013 10:16 #1385

Hi Ying,

That is true. I will contact you by email for further progress.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands