login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Load testing with Citrix xenapp 6.5.

• Chakravarty
  • Chakravarty's Avatar Topic Author
06 Oct 2013 09:31 #1440

HI,
My objective is to perform load testing using LoginVSI tool, on Citrix Xenapp 6.5 server with our product installed in that machine. I downloaded loginVSI express which is a trial version. LoginVSI express access the published desktop itself and then execute pre-defined operations as per medium workload with applications like like word , excel, outlook, pdf etc. which are installed in Xenapp server.

This is different than how we access xenapp and test our product. Each individual published application is accessed and specific operations are executed manually.

If I want the same way of accessing applications and perform load testing and i would need LoginVSI Pro version.

There is a opinion among some engineers that from load factor \ performance point of view both ways of accessing applications have no much difference because ultimately its application at the server which is accessed and stressed. So if this opinion is correct then we would not need pro license and and could get load testing numbers with express ( trial version ) license.

Is this opinion correct ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2013 11:47 #1442

Hi Chakravarty,

LoginVSI does not allow/provide to benchmark 'published' applications and therefore we suggest to 'publish' these applications within a 'published' desktop and hit the same idea/concept.

So, Correct; but LIMITED to 50 Express users.

Let me know if you need more information.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands