login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-01.jpg

scenario configuration

• Hubbert
  • Hubbert's Avatar Topic Author
07 Jan 2014 10:59 - 07 Jan 2014 11:01 #1571 by Hubbert
i am using loginvsi4.0.8 express

in scenario configuration, i set overall logon rate and launcher logon rate to 1 since i wanted to test the situation that multiple target vms start testing at the same time, but after this set, the launch window was set to a number which is the outcome of the logon rate multiplies the number of targets automatically. Can't the relationship between logon rate and launcher window be changed?

And i found that if i set the launch window to a small number, the test would finished quickly as the dash board shown. Does launch window mean the time interval at which total sessions were launched or at which total test was running?

my question is how to set multiple target to start testing at the same time and meanwhile the test can persist a long time?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2014 23:19 #1575 by d.geerlings
The values in the scenario configuration are all based on each other. The launcher logon rate is simply the launch window divided by the amount of sessions per launcher. If you change any of these values all of the other values are recalculated. Internally only the timeframe/launch window is used. The other values are merely there for informational purposes.

The launch window/timeframe is the time it takes to launch every session. While it does relate to the total duration of the test it is not the recommended knob to turn to increase the time a test will run. To increase the time a test runs without interfering with the launch window/timeframe i suggest changing the timer on the first page of the start test wizard. This number defaults to 120 and is the time a test will stay active after the last session has been launched. Changing this value will extend the time of the test while it does not interfere with the launch window/timeframe.

Also see www.loginvsi.com/documentation/Frequentl...goff_mechanism_works

• Hubbert
  • Hubbert's Avatar Topic Author
08 Jan 2014 02:57 - 08 Jan 2014 10:00 #1577 by Hubbert
thanks for your reply.

in the FAQ, it is said "The Login VSI workloads (48 minutes) are cut up in 4 segments of 12 minutes each". where can i change the time of workloads(segment)? or is it fixed?

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

300 Tradecenter
Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 408 899 7418