login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

VSImax and how many Desktops?

• Mbergin
  • Mbergin's Avatar Topic Author
10 Jan 2014 19:51 #1581

I ran a successful test today and am viewing the results. On the VSImax v4 tab, I have the following info:
VSImax V4 not reached
24 sessions ran successfully
VSIbase=4928
VSImax V4 Average=6456
VSImax V4 Threshold=7529
Stuck Sessions=0

I am trying to see how many VDI sessions I can successfully run on this server. Can I find this out using the info above?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2014 11:58 #1582

Hi M,

Yes you can. Check out: www.loginvsi.com/documentation/Start_you...rst_test#Description
for a full description of all metrics.

VSImax not reached basically means that your server is not saturated for that specific amount of users. Meaning, the server can handle 24 sessions without any user performance degradation(s).

Let us know if you require more information.

• Mbergin
13 Jan 2014 12:38 #1583

Thanks for the link. I have read through this but I am not sure exactly how to find the saturation number of sessions... I see this line: "When reviewing the average response time it will be clear the response times escalate at saturation point. With previous versions of Login VSI (LoginVSI 3.x and older), if the system was not saturated during the test, it will not be able to calculate VSImax. This has changed with LoginVSI 4.0. "

It seems like I have to get to saturation point to find out how many sessions I can host? I am still not clear on how to run a test with a few sessions and take the results to find out how many total sessions the server can handle. Any assistance on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike

More
13 Jan 2014 12:46 #1584

Mbergin wrote:

It seems like I have to get to saturation point to find out how many sessions I can host? I am still not clear on how to run a test with a few sessions and take the results to find out how many total sessions the server can handle. Any assistance on this would be appreciated."

I suggest slowly increasing the amount of users until you hit the saturation point.
Is that possible, do you have the resources?

• Mbergin
13 Jan 2014 13:28 #1585

resources aren't the biggest roadblock for me. The script uses Adobe reader, and in Windows 8 every time a user logs in to a (non persistent) session, adobe prompts to ask if it will be the default reader. If you don't click "yes" the script times out. So, when I run a test I have to watch all sessions and go into each one before the script times out and click "yes". My goal is to run 50 sessions on this server, so it is possible for me to do this with 50 sessions, but when we test 100+ sessions, I won't be able to do it this way..

More
13 Jan 2014 14:45 #1586

please refer to: blogs.technet.com/b/mrmlcgn/archive/2013...mailto-protocol.aspx

(helped for other customers.)

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam