login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

normal Are updated apps required from v3 to v4?

• nelmedia
  • nelmedia's Avatar Topic Author
05 Feb 2014 21:40 #1619 by nelmedia
nelmedia created the topic: Are updated apps required from v3 to v4?
Doing a test upgrade from v3 to v4 and already have the previous apps from v3 (FreeMind, Adobe, Flash, etc.) already packaged for install. I don't have DoroPDF yet, but will. My question - is it a requirement to upgrade the existing apps for v4 tests to work correctly?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2014 22:06 #1620 by d.geerlings
d.geerlings replied the topic: Are updated apps required from v3 to v4?
Hello,

Any version of Adobe Reader, Microsoft Office, Flash player and Java will do assuming they are somewhat recent (Office 2003 or later for example). VSI 4 uses a portable version of Freemind instead of a locally installed version. You can also disable PDF printing using a checkbox in the management console instead of having to install the PDF printer.

Also have a look at our upgrade guide found in the documentation under other documents ( www.loginvsi.com/documentation/Main_Page )

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What our customers are saying

Bill Galloway - Pivot3

“The labs at Pivot3 have hundreds of machines. A portion of those are running different Login VSI configurations so we can be constantly configuring with different hardware to see how that affects desktops. Then we tweak the RAM and CPU, and tune so we know how many users we can support.”

Bill Galloway, Founder and CTO at Pivot3

Randy Groves - Teradici

"As the developer of the PCoIP protocol, we do a lot of our own internal benchmarking to make sure that we’re continuing to improve our protocol. But we can’t actually publish our internal benchmarks because everybody might think that the tests are biased. So when we want to publish results, we use Login VSI. That way, if a customer wants to repeat our results they can.”

Randy Groves, CTO at Teradici

Keith Hageman - Micron

"When I joined Micron in June 2014, the first thing I did is find out if we have a copy of Login VSI and if we could run a 1000 user test case instance (which we could). We use Login VSI to run tests for customers and for case studies and I really have loved Login VSI for the last 3 or 4 years.”

Keith Hageman, Senior Solutions Architect at Micron Technology

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200