login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-03.jpg

Launcher machine outside the network

• seb2020
  • seb2020's Avatar Topic Author
09 Feb 2014 18:58 #1621 by seb2020
Hello,

I am currently testing LoginVSI for a 2012R2 RDS Session based deployment. I have gatway, connection broker and session host.

I have some question :
  • The VSI Server should be on the same subnet that my deployment ?
  • The target environnement (my session host) need to have access to the VSI share ?

Can I install the VSI Server on the internet side of my deployment, and use a computer on the internet side for the launcher machine ? In this configuration, the target environnement that I test doesn't have access to the VSI Server. This will be working ?

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2014 12:09 #1627 by o.bouhaj
"- The VSI Server should be on the same subnet that my deployment ?"
Same subnet is not mandatory required. The VSI components should be able to communicate to each other.

"- The target environnement (my session host) need to have access to the VSI share ?"
Correct.

"Can I install the VSI Server on the internet side of my deployment, and use a computer on the internet side for the launcher machine?"
Yes, as long as the Management Console can reach the VSIshare via UNC path.
Yes on Launcher too, as long as the Launcher machines can reach the VSIshare via UNC path and have access to the target (testing) machines.

"In this configuration, the target environnement that I test doesn't have access to the VSI Server. This will be working?"
This will not be working. Since by default the version 4 architecture requires access to the central VSIshare.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

300 Tradecenter
Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 408 899 7418