login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

normal Testing a Pooled Managed Windows 2012 R2 VDI Enviroment

• darcyl2
  • darcyl2's Avatar Topic Author
26 Feb 2014 17:13 #1653 by darcyl2
darcyl2 created the topic: Testing a Pooled Managed Windows 2012 R2 VDI Enviroment
I'm currently trying to test a single server's VDI capabilities using the LoginVSI Express. I have currently set up the server with Windows 2012 R2 with the RD Virtualisation Role and 50 Windows 8.1 Managed Clients in a Pool. Unfortunately to connect to this pool a custom RDP generated by RDweb or the following lines have to be added to a normal RDP file:
use redirection server name:i:1
loadbalanceinfo:s:tsv://VMResource.1.LoginVSI

Is there a way to specify this to RDPConnector or another way round the issue that I am missing?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2014 13:17 #1655 by o.bouhaj
o.bouhaj replied the topic: Testing a Pooled Managed Windows 2012 R2 VDI Enviroment
I have added a link in this thread. Please download this file and replace the RPDConnect.exe in the VSIshare\_VSI_Binaries\Connectors folder.
loginvsi.eu/Support/Jan14/RDPConnect-MSVDI.zip

Example:

“{VSISHARE}\_VSI_Binaries\Connectors\RDPConnect.exe” /server {server} /user {domain}\{username} /password {password} /nowarning -loadbalanceinfo tsv://MS Terminal Services Plugin.1.Standard

• darcyl2
  • darcyl2's Avatar Topic Author
28 Feb 2014 15:56 #1660 by darcyl2
darcyl2 replied the topic: Testing a Pooled Managed Windows 2012 R2 VDI Enviroment
Thanks very much for your assistance, this fixed the issue and allowed me to continue with my testing

• Michael [MSFT]
23 Apr 2015 22:09 #2435 by Michael [MSFT]
Michael [MSFT] replied the topic: Testing a Pooled Managed Windows 2012 R2 VDI Enviroment
Omar, was this issue with RDPConnect.exe fixed in LoginVSI 4.1? If not, when is the plan to get the /loadbalanceinfo parameter fixed and working in RDPConnect?

More
23 Apr 2015 22:19 - 23 Apr 2015 22:20 #2436 by d.geerlings
d.geerlings replied the topic: Testing a Pooled Managed Windows 2012 R2 VDI Enviroment
Michael,

Have a look at the release notes . One of the items is

Resolved bug: In some situations the RDPconnect failed to use the RDP load balancing function. This has been resolved

Please note that you will have to add /broker to the command line in addition to the command line created by the management console wizard.

• Michael [MSFT]
23 Apr 2015 23:14 #2437 by Michael [MSFT]
Michael [MSFT] replied the topic: Testing a Pooled Managed Windows 2012 R2 VDI Enviroment
Thanks for prompt reply, Dennis. So I see this was fixed in 4.1.3 release date March 26, 2015.

Did you mean to say "connection string should include /server parameter", not /broker? If it's /broker, can please paste an example of working connection string for a MS VDI connection?

More
23 Apr 2015 23:17 #2438 by d.geerlings
d.geerlings replied the topic: Testing a Pooled Managed Windows 2012 R2 VDI Enviroment

“{VSISHARE}\_VSI_Binaries\Connectors\RDPConnect.exe” /server {server} /user {domain}\{username} /password {password} /nowarning /loadbalanceinfo tsv://vmresource.1.LoginVSITest /broker

Where /server points to your broker.

What our customers are saying

Sajad Shah - Cancer Research

"Login VSI has empowered us to make more informed decisions on releasing a new vDisk which we now do on a monthly basis. We have found that Login VSI tests can also flag other issues in our environment that may not be picked up by our standard User Testing which allows us to either make the appropriate changes to the vDisk or workload script adjustments to run successful tests. This has given us peace of mind and allows us to release VDI’s with confidence."

Sajad Shah, Senior Technical Analyst at Cancer Research UK

Paul Bray - Computacenter

"We needed a robust method of evaluating multiple different platforms in a systematic and consistent manner. We chose Login VSI as it is the best of breed and met all of our requirements. Login VSI helps us to address one key aim - How can we exploit new technologies to deliver the best Virtual Desktop user experience possible?"

Paul Bray, Chief Technologist – Workplace & Mobile at Computacenter

Dan O'Farrell - Dell

"The primary goal of our VDI appliances is to simplify and to take the guesswork out of VDI, and the Login VSI tests help us to do that from a performance expectation capability. When we offer one of our appliances to our customers, we deliver benchmarks that are validated using multiple Login VSI workloads. When compared to a customer’s workload, these Login VSI-enabled benchmarks allow precise sizing estimations to be created."

Dan O'Farrell, Director, Product Marketing, Cloud & Client at Dell

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200