login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40

RDS doesn't give LoginVSI group permission, any advice?||[solved]

• hy6356
  • hy6356's Avatar Topic Author
10 Mar 2014 00:59 #1672

When I run the test drive, it seems the RDS which installed on the target machine doesn't permit the LoginVSIxx users logon. I just got the "access is denied". Which was used to happen in 3.x. However I've double checked that the LoginVSI group and all users are on the remote desktop list. And I do install the RDS firstly on a freshly installed target machine. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2014 10:29 #1675

Hi Hy,

Please check out: social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/wind...ol?forum=winserverTS

Let me know if you still requires our help in getting you up/running for the test drive.

• hy6356
  • hy6356's Avatar Topic Author
10 Mar 2014 13:27 #1678

Thanks, the problem was solved:

In group policy:
Computer configuration: administrative templates: windows components: remote desktop services: remote desktop session host: connections: allow users to connect remotely using remote desktop services: enabled

But I am still curious about this step, it seems not a normal operation.

Not that lucky. After installing the .netframework 3.5, access is denied again.....
And I found the mysterious thing is it becomes good after I making changes to GPO. But after this successful logon, it prompts "access is denied" when I trying to make the second connection.

Just got a solution.
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\ create a DWORD value called “IgnoreRegUserConfigErrors” and assign the value “1” to this property (also tried 0)

I don't know why but it really helps.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam