login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

connection string for MS RDP connection to a session host (RDSH)

• Michael [MSFT]
  • Michael [MSFT]'s Avatar Topic Author
24 Apr 2014 22:32 #1742

Hi guys, can you help me figure out parameters for my connection string please:

I have a thousand users with 4-digit 0 padding (e.g LoginVSI0001) and making connections to RDSH server, here is my connection string:

"{VSISHARE}\_VSI_Binaries\Connectors\RDPConnect.exe" /server {server} /user {domain}\{username} /password {password} /nowarning /loadbalanceinfo tsv://MS Terminal Services Plugin.1.T1Desktop

I think the loadbalanceinfo is correct, but {domain}\{username} turns up empty. How do I specify username pattern for in the Username field?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Michael [MSFT]
24 Apr 2014 22:42 #1743

So I figured how to pass in the right user name with 4 digits after LoginVSI part, I've set Username field to "LoginVSI{Count/4}".

Now, it seems to pass the correct username and everything, but it gives me "Invalid parameter passed to RDPConnect.exe. Run RDPConnect.exe /? for help..."

I'm using the custom RDPConnect.exe pasted in Omar pasted in some earlier thread: RDPConnect-MSVDI.zip

More
24 Apr 2014 22:48 #1744

Michael, you need to put quotes around the loadbalanceinfo parameter, like this:

"{VSISHARE}\_VSI_Binaries\Connectors\RDPConnect.exe" /server {server} /user {domain}\{username} /password {password} /nowarning /loadbalanceinfo "tsv://MS Terminal Services Plugin.1.T1Desktop"

• Michael [MSFT]
25 Apr 2014 17:59 #1751

Thanks, Dennis, this works.

• joviermark
25 May 2015 06:54 #2494

More connection string samples

Mark

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today