login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Active Sessions are less than launched session

• CH
  • CH's Avatar Topic Author
15 May 2014 05:50 #1767

I have similar issue.
environment: LoginVSI4.11
VSHIShare:windows 2012 r2
Number of Launchers: 24 (configured max capacity 20 sessions per a launcher)

Launched session: 465 (eache launcher had 19 - 20 sessions)
Active session: stopped at around 381

So I tried another test with small scale.
If Total session were 50, succeeded. However when total session were 100, only 80 became active session.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2014 08:22 #1769

Hello CH

Since this is a VSI 4.x problem i have moved it to the right location. As for your problem. Did you see any issues in the sessions them selves? Did the VSI progressbar appear or did the session come back with an error? Do the launchers come back with an error?

Can you also tell me how many launchers you have, and what its capacity is. What the launch window is this can be found in the management console test setup > scenario tab. And which connector you are using, this can be found in the management console test setup > connection tab.

Regards

Tom Willemsen - Support VSI

• CH
15 May 2014 10:13 #1770

I launched 465 sessions on 24 launchers.
At some of target machines, this message "VMware Remote MKS has stopped working" appered.
Could you tell me what is the cause?

More
15 May 2014 11:45 #1771

Hello CH,

Please keep your posts in one post so we have everything centralized, thank you. After a quick google search i found an article that could help you fix this problem. As far as i know this is not a VSI issue but a VMware Remote MKS issue.

www.pcmaxutilities.com/wikiexefiles/vmwa...error-fix-guide.html

Please let me know if this (or an other fix) fixes this problem.

Regards

• CH
15 May 2014 12:09 #1772

Hell Tom,
I apporogize I poseted in incorrect place.

Launcher number: 24
Launcher capacity: 20 per each launcher
Connector: vmware view client

Let me clarify.
I tested again by new setting.
Session number:390
Launch window:780 ( becuase I would have like to configure to login to each session every 2sec )

1st time, Active session number was 388, and stopped. In 2nd try, it was 354, and stopped.

> Did you see any issues in the sessions them selves?
Like this error message showed up in those launchers "Failed to initialize View Client. Please restall view client ."
(I uninstalled&installed view client again but the issue wasn't solved.)

More
16 May 2014 06:53 #1774

Hello CH,

Before you try and lower the launch window can you please run a test that has the default launch window of 2880? I understand you want to have a new session every 2 seconds but this itself might be the issue. The VMware View client does not like it when a session is still launching and a new session is already starting.

Please change this and repeat the test to see if the same VMware View Error pops up.

Regards

• CH
19 May 2014 05:53 #1778

Hello Tom,
Thank you for your advice.
The problem was solved. It seems out of memory issue.

I assigned each launcher with memory 2GB.I configured each laucher to have max 20 sessions(=max capacity) because the LoginVSI Setup guide recommends less than 40 sessions per a launcher.

What I've done is:
I added launcher machines. I scaled up launchers 24 to 40.
Since the error messages appeared when 15~17th session launched at some launchers, I thought it might be able to solve if decrease session number per launcher. (Also, I noticed that almost launcher's memory use(%) were around 98%.)
So this time, I performed my test with 40 launchers, 465 total sessions(same as before) and every 2sec(same as before).

Result:
Each launcher had 11~12 sessions during the test. And, the problem didn't occur.
(In case 34 launchers/ 465 total session/ every 2sec, still the problem existed. Each launcher had 13~14 sessions.)
After I increased launcher number from 24 to 40, this problem has never happened.
I guess VMware view client uses a lot of memory than the other connector.

Regards,
CH

More
19 May 2014 06:08 #1779

Hello CH,

Good to hear you found the problem. For a launcher we normally recommend 2vCPU 4GB of ram and for VMware a maximum of 25 sessions per launcher. So when using 2GB the maximum will be around 12-13 sessions.

If there is anything else you encounter please email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or post a new message on the forum.

Regards

• CH
19 May 2014 06:19 #1780

I'm sorry I miswrote important point!
I assigned 4GB(4096MB) and 2 vcpu as manual says...

More
19 May 2014 08:53 #1781

Hello CH,

So you have a Launcher with 2vCPU and 4GB that can not handle more then 11-12 sessions? Can you please tell me which version of VMware View Client you have?

Regards

• CH
19 May 2014 09:41 #1783

Hello, Tom
Yes, when I have 34 launchers with 4GB and 2vCPU (total amount of session is 465,) only 457 became active session.
So I increased it from 34 to 40 (each launcher is 4GB&2 vCPU). Then all of 465 sessions became active session.
As the result, I assumed a Launcher with 2vCPI and 4GB can't handle more than 11-12 sessions.

View Client Version is 2.3.0 build-1551379.

Regards,
CH

More
19 May 2014 09:50 #1784

Hello CH,

What is the speed of your CPU's and are you running the Launchers on the target machine. So are the launchers physically separate from your target environment? How is the CPU load on the Launchers during the tests?

Regards

• CH
20 May 2014 05:32 #1785

Hello Tom,

About speed of CPU, I need to check.
I'm not running launchers on the target machine.
The launchers are physically separate from my target environment.

Let me explain my environment:
Cluster1(has physical hostA, B and C...) has launchers(launchers are virtual machine presented by vmware view).
Cluster2(has physical host X, Y and Z...) has target machines(target machines are virtual machine as well).

CPU load means CPU utilization, right? CPU utilizaion on the launcher during failed test was around 95-98%.

More
20 May 2014 06:11 #1786

Hello CH,

It might be that the CPU utilization is the bottleneck of your launchers. Can you increase the amount of vCPU's and see if this brings any improvements?

Regards

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85